The government had mandated the linking of the Universal Account Number (UAN) with Aadhaar card number by April 2023. Those who missed the bus can still opt for the linking by March 31, 2024. For the unversed, both employees and unorganized labourers must connect their Aadhaar cards with their EPF accounts as per the directive of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
The benefits of associating your Aadhaar card with your EPF account are manifold:
- You can conveniently access a range of EPFO benefits, including PF withdrawal, pension, and insurance.
- This linkage acts as a safeguard against fraudulent activities, ensuring the utmost security for your EPF account.
- The process of handling EPF-related transactions will also be expedited as a result.
The EPF scheme stands as a retirement benefit program catering to employees in India, managed by the EPFO. Functioning as a contributory initiative, the EPF scheme entails joint contributions from both the employee and the employer. The employee allocates 12 per cent of their basic salary and dearness allowance, mirrored in equal measure by the employer.
These contributions are funnelled into a dedicated savings account referred to as the EPF account. Annually, the interest accrued on these contributions finds its place in the EPF Account. Upon completion of five years of continuous service, an employee becomes eligible to access their EPF Account. The withdrawal can encompass the entire accumulated sum or a partial amount, according to the employee’s preference.
Moreover, the EPF scheme encompasses a pension component designed for retired employees. The calculation of pension hinges on the employee’s EPF contributions and the span of their service. In essence, the EPF scheme constitutes a significant retirement perk for employees, fostering savings for their post-work years and ensuring a steady post-retirement income stream.
Linking of UAN with Aadhaar Card number
In case you haven’t yet connected your Aadhaar card with your EPF account, you have several options to do so:
Online via EPFO Member e-Sewa portal: Through the EPFO Member e-Sewa portal, you can link your Aadhaar card to your EPF account online. Access your account using your UAN and password. Once logged in, navigate to the “Manage” tab and select “KYC.” Under the “Add KYC” section, choose “Aadhaar” and input your Aadhaar number along with your name as per the card. Click “Save” to successfully link your Aadhaar to your UAN.
Using the UMANG App: Utilizing the UMANG app is another way to link your Aadhaar card to your EPF account. First, download and install the UMANG app on your mobile device. Upon opening the app, log in with your Aadhaar number and OTP. After logging in, locate the “EPFO” service and access “e-KYC.” Opt for “Aadhaar Seeding” and provide your UAN. Initiate an OTP request by clicking “Get OTP.” Once you receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, insert it and hit “Verify” to finalize the linkage between your Aadhaar and UAN.
Offline at EPFO Office or CSC: If you prefer an offline approach, you can visit the nearest EPFO office or Common Service Centre (CSC). Fill out the “Aadhaar Seeding Application” form and submit it, along with self-attested copies of your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar, to either the EPFO office or a CSC executive.
In the end, you must select the method that best suits your convenience to seamlessly link your Aadhaar card with your EPF account.
How to link UAN with Aadhaar on the e-Sewa portal?
Visit the official EPFO E-Sewa website and access your EPF account by logging in with your UAN credentials.
- Navigate to the “Manage” section and locate the option labelled “Know Your Customer (KYC)”.
- Choose the Aadhaar option and provide the necessary details. Save your entries to proceed.
- The validity of the Aadhaar will be verified through UIDAI data.
- Upon successful completion of the KYC process, your Aadhaar will be successfully associated with your EPF account.
How to link UAN with Aadhaar using the UMANG App?
Linking your UAN with your Aadhaar number is easier on the UMANG app. All you must do is just download the app and follow the below-mentioned steps to ensure the linking of the two.
- Access the UMANG App and input your UAN.
- Receive an OTP on your UAN-registered mobile number.
- After validating the OTP, furnish your Aadhaar information.
- A second OTP will be dispatched to both your Aadhaar-registered mobile number and email address.
- Upon successful verification of the second OTP, the linkage between your Aadhaar and UAN will be established.
How to link UAN with Aadhaar offline?
If you intend to offline link your Aadhaar with your EPF account, a visit to the nearest EPFO office or Common Service Centre (CSC) becomes necessary. You'll be required to furnish an application form for Aadhaar seeding along with self-attested copies of your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar card.
The application form for Aadhaar seeding can be acquired by downloading it from the EPFO website or obtaining it directly from the EPFO office or a CSC. This form should be meticulously completed, ensuring all the requisite details are accurately provided.
Your self-attested copies of UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar cards must be presented clearly and legibly. Your Aadhaar card should be registered in your name, while your PAN card must be appropriately linked to your UAN.
Following the submission of the application form and the accompanying self-attested document copies, the linkage of your Aadhaar to your EPF account will transpire upon successful verification.
To link your Aadhaar with your EPF account offline, follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest EPFO office or Common Service Centre (CSC).
- Request the application form for Aadhaar seeding.
- Carefully complete the form, ensuring all necessary details are provided.
- Attach self-attested copies of your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar card.
- Submit the completed form to the EPFO office or a CSC representative.
Your Aadhaar will be linked to your EPF account upon successful verification.
The offline process of Aadhaar-EPF linking might take a few days. The EPFO office or CSC will notify you once the linkage between your Aadhaar and EPF account is established.