Aadhaar is a centralized unique number assigned to each Indian citizen. The government now uses this card as its main tool for providing benefits and services to its citizens. The Aadhaar card has gradually replaced all other cards as the only one recognized throughout the nation because to its connection to other identity cards like PAN. You won't need to register or apply for any additional cards in order to use any services if you have an Aadhaar card.
These Aadhaar cards are distributed to Indian residents by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Recently, in 2018 the authority introduced a unique Aadhaar cards for kids under the age of 5. Known as Blue Aadhaar card or Baal Aadhaar card, it is given to kids, and unlike the ordinary Aadhaar card, it would be declared invalid once the kid is 5 years old.
What is a blue aadhaar card?
Baal Aadhaar is a blue-coloured identification card for children under the age of five. A child's Aadhaar card, also known as Baal Aadhaar, is free of charge. Children's fingerprints and iris scans, which constitute their biometric data, are not connected to the Baal Aadhaar card, though. The child's biometric information, including their fingerprints, iris scan, and face image, must be updated on their Aadhaar card by the time they turn five.
According to UIDAI, parents may sign up their kids for the blue Aadhaar card using their school ID. The birth certificate or the hospital discharge form can also be used as legal identification by parents enrolling a child.
How to apply for a blue aadhaar card?
- Select the Aadhaar Card registration option on the official UIDAI website, uidai.gov.in
- The parent will need to provide the required data, including the child's name, the guardian or parent's phone number, and other biometric data pertaining to the child and the guardian or parent.
- Complete the demographic fields, including residence address, neighborhood, state, and others, and then submit the information.
- To register for an Aadhaar card, select Appointment from the menu.
- Make an appointment at the closest enrollment centre. Bring all necessary supporting documentation, including proof of identity, proof of address, proof of relationship, proof of birthdate, and reference number.
- The Aadhaar centre will provide you an acknowledgement number after the entire procedure is finished so you can keep track of your progress.
It is essential to provide a 12-digit Aadhaar number that belongs to either parent since the Baal Aadhaar card is connected to either parent's Aadhaar card. When a kid is 5 years old, the Baal Aadhaar card is updated for the first time; a second update is then required after the child turns 15.