Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund launched Aditya Birla Sun Life Multi Asset Allocation Fund on January 11. It is an open-ended scheme investing in equity, debt and commodities.
The new fund offer will remain open for subscription till January 25, 2023. The fund aims to diversify investments across a variety of asset classes in an attempt to balance risk and reward.
As per the fund house, the new scheme will be managed by Dhaval Shah and Bhupesh Bameta for equity, Sachin Wankheder for commodities and Dhaval Joshi for overseas investments.
An investor must make a minimum investment of ₹5,000 and in multiples of Re 1 thereafter.
“The investment objective of the scheme is to provide long term capital appreciation by investing across asset classes like equity, debt, commodities, & units of REITs & InvITs."
"The scheme does not guarantee/indicate any returns and there can be no assurance that the objective of the scheme will be achieved,” the fund house said in a media release.
- The equity portion of the portfolio will follow a flexi cap approach with a large cap bias and can invest across sectors/themes. The fixed income portfolio will largely use Accrual strategy.
- The fund house will maintain a 65-80 percent allocation to equity, 10-25 percent to fixed income and a 10-25 percent allocation to commodities.
- Equity – potential to create wealth in the long term.
- Fixed income – seeks to bring stability to the portfolio.
- Commodities – acts as a hedge against uncertainty.
As per press release, this scheme is suitable for investors who are seeking long term capital appreciation and want to invest in equity and equity related securities, debt & money market instruments and commodities.
A. Balasubramanian, MD & CEO, Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited, said “The Aditya Birla Sun Life Multi Asset Allocation Fund gives investors access to a well diversified offering across asset classes. It is an excellent investment option for both novice and seasoned investors, as it eliminates the stress of investing, tracking and maintaining multiple investment strategies.”
“The fund attempts to invest in a diversified portfolio of high-quality debt and money market securities to generate income with relatively minimal credit risk,” he added.