The CRCS-Sahara Refund Portal was launched on Tuesday to enable depositors to reclaim their deposits made in any of Sahara Group’s cooperative societies.
These societies are Sahara Credit Cooperative Society Ltd in Lucknow, Saharayn Universal Multipurpose Society Ltd in Bhopal, Humara India Credit Cooperative Society Ltd in Kolkata and Stars Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd in Hyderabad.
At the outset, depositors need to register on the portal by entering the aadhaar and bank account details. To register, the depositor needs to click the slug on the top left side of the portal.
The system will now ask for you to enter the aadhaar number and mobile number. The OTP (one time password) will be sent on the registered mobile number. Once this password is entered, the registration will be complete.
Follow these 6 steps to claim refund:
1. Depositor needs to log in on the portal by entering a 12-digit aadhaar number and registered mobile number. You will have to accept the conditions to proceed further.
2. In the second step, the depositor needs to enter the personal details such as aadhaar, name, date of birth, father’s name, aadhaar seeded bank account number, and email id (optional).
3. In the following step, the depositor is asked to submit the claim details such as name of society, membership number, receipt number, proof of deposit, deposit amount, and PAN when the total claim amount (in all the societies) is more than ₹50,000.
4. In this step, the depositor needs to generate a claim request form.
5. Finally, the depositor needs to fill the claim request form, put his/her latest picture and sign the document before uploading the same.
6. The acknowledgement number will be shown on the portal after the form is uploaded and an SMS will also be sent on the registered mobile number. The depositor will be informed in 45 days about the processing of refund.
The claim money will be electronically transferred directly to the bank account linked to PAN.
For more information, one can also visit the FAQ (frequently asked questions) page on the portal.