When your last date to pay LIC insurance premium is around the corner while you have yet to pay it, you don’t need to fret. There is help at hand. You can download the LIC Pay Direct App and pay your insurance premium digitally after feeding your policy details. The process is user friendly and barely takes a few minutes to make the payment. Let us understand how this can be done.
Steps to follow to pay LIC premium through Pay Direct app:
I. First you can download the LIC Pay Direct app from android or App Store. After opening the app, it will prompt you to proceed. The landing page will have two options. The first one is to ‘pay direct’ and the second is to ‘view/ download receipt’.
II. To be able to start the payment, select the scroll down option and click ‘renewal premium/ revival’. After selecting it, you can click ‘done’ to proceed.
III. The next web page that opens has a three-step process to follow for making the premium payment. The first step is the customer validation. You should choose this option and click proceed.
IV. Then the system asks you to feed some key details before moving on to the second step. These details are policy number, instalment premium, date of birth, email ID and mobile number.
V. The instalment premium amount mentioned here is before the GST.
VI. As you feed these details, the system will take you to the second step which is premium particulars. Here, you will see the total amount of premium to be paid including the GST.
If you have any doubt about the amount, you can cross check it with your agent or against your policy papers.
In the last step, you can make the payment via a payment gateway that enables you to pay through any of the digital payment options such as debit or credit card or net banking.
You can even choose the option of making payment through your laptop or tablet.
1. To make the payment of LIC insurance premium on the insurer’s portal, you can visit http://licindia.in/Pay-Premium-Online.
2. Here, you can click ‘Pay Direct’ to access the same options that are available on the mobile application. This will enable you to pay a premium without having to ‘log in’.
3. Now, under the ‘Pay Direct’, you can choose the option ‘Renewal Premium/Revival’ just as in the app.
4. It will then take you to a web page with three steps to follow to make the premium payment. The first one is customer validation. It is here that you feed the policy details including policy number, date of birth, mobile number, amount of premium and email ID.
5. You can feed these details and move to the second stage of ‘premium particulars’. Here you can confirm the premium amount and finally make the payment in the third and the last stage.
So, we can underscore that making payment of insurance premium is simple and user friendly. You only need to know your policy number.